GEAR UP to Volunteer
GEAR UP promotes a service learning environment, encouraging students to volunteer in many capacities in order to provide service to the community, engage in socially responsible activities and conversations, develop a philanthropic mindset, and build character and grit.
GEAR UP utilizes the many relationships with business and community partners to provide opportunities for students to become involved in community service projects while working alongside civic minded individuals. The goal is not only to expose our students to the community in a way that is productive and charitable, but also to expose community members to students who are proud representatives of their peer group.
GEAR UP Ambassadors
The GEAR UP Ambassadors are a service learning and leadership group comprised of students from each GEAR UP school who are interested in serving the community while cultivating their leadership skills, civic responsibility, and personal skill sets.
Gear Up Ambassadors Are:
- Understand the meaning and goals of GEAR UP.
- Become an advocate for GEAR UP.
- Attend ambassador meetings.
- Attend GEAR UP events.
- Participate in GEAR UP programs.
- Contribute to the community through volunteerism.
- Be a role model to peers by making good decisions, practicing good behavior, and striving for excellence in and out of the classroom.